Hawaiian Telcom Wireless Gateway Benefits
The Wireless Gateway enables our Hawaiian Telcom TV and High-Speed Internet customers to connect devices wirelessly. Our gateways are specially configured to provide optimum service allowing the best support possible.
With the Wireless Gateway, you can:
- Have wireless networking capability for multiple devices in their home
- Enjoy network security
- Connect to the Hawaiian Telcom broadband network which is continuously expanding and being updated.
The Wireless Gateway has a very powerful connection so you’ll be able to use in more places in your home. For example, it works better with video streaming services like Netflix and its antennae are inside for better protection.
Terms and Conditions for Customer-Owned Gateways for use with Hawaiian Telcom Internet Service
Hawaiian Telcom recommends using a Hawaiian Telcom provided gateway, as our gateways are specially configured to provide optimum service allowing the best support possible. By choosing to use your own gateway with your Hawaiian Telcom Service, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Hawaiian Telcom video service, static-IP option, and most Internet services with speeds lower than 50 Mbps (specifically on copper/DSL network) require a Hawaiian Telcom gateway. Customer-owned gateways are not compatible with these types of services.
- For customers that bundle their internet service with TV services, the Hawaiian Telcom gateway is required to provide TV service.
- For customers on copper, an HT-provided gateway will be installed and the customer will be charged the respective gateway fee accordingly. Should the copper served customer install their own gateway successfully, the gateway fee will be removed when the HT provided gateway is returned.
- For customers on fiber, the gateway fee will be removed if the HT provided gateway is returned.
- When using a non-Hawaiian Telcom gateway, the level of support for the gateway will vary based on where the issue is found within the residential or business location. Hawaiian Telcom’s technical support team will determine the level of support provided. If the support is outside of Hawaiian Telcom’s scope, the user will be referred to our Premium Technical Support Team. Some charges apply for Premium Technical Support.
- If an HT technician is required to dispatch to a residential or business location to handle a technical issue with a non-Hawaiian Telcom gateway, some charges may apply to these services.
If you have any additional questions or would like to use your own gateway, call us at 808-643-4411.