Hawaiian Telcom Wireless Gateway
Hawaiian Telcom Wireless Gateway Benefits
The Wireless Gateway enables our Hawaiian Telcom TV and High-Speed Internet customers to connect devices wirelessly. Our gateways are specially configured to provide optimum service allowing the best support possible.
With the Wireless Gateway, you can:
- Have wireless networking capability for multiple devices in your home
- Enjoy network security
- Connect to the Hawaiian Telcom broadband network which is continuously expanding and being updated.
The Wireless Gateway has a very powerful connection so you’ll be able to use in more places throughout your home. For example, it works better with video streaming services like Netflix and its antennae are inside for better protection.
Terms and Conditions for Customer-Owned Gateways for use with Hawaiian Telcom Internet Service
Hawaiian Telcom recommends using a Hawaiian Telcom provided gateway, as our gateways are specially configured to provide optimum service allowing the best support possible. By choosing to use your own gateway with your Hawaiian Telcom Service, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Hawaiian Telcom video service, and most Internet services with speeds lower than 50 Mbps (specifically on copper/DSL network) require a Hawaiian Telcom gateway. Customer-owned gateways are not compatible with these types of services.
- For customers that bundle their internet service with video services, the Hawaiian Telcom gateway is required to provide TV service.
- For customers on copper, an HT-provided gateway will be installed and the customer will be charged the respective gateway fee accordingly. Should the copper served customer install their own gateway successfully after the service is established, the gateway fee will be removed when the HT provided gateway is returned.
- For customers on fiber, the gateway fee will be removed if the HT provided gateway is returned.
- When using a non-Hawaiian Telcom gateway, the level of support for the gateway will vary based on where the issue is found within the residential or business location. Hawaiian Telcom’s technical support team will determine the level of support provided. If the support is outside of Hawaiian Telcom’s scope, the user will be referred to our Premium Technical Support Team. Charges will apply for Premium Technical Support.
- If an HT technician is required to dispatch to a residential or business location to handle a technical issue with a non-Hawaiian Telcom gateway, charges may apply.
If you would like to use your own gateway, visit HawaiianTel.com/MyAccount to submit our online form.
Instructions are included below.
Instructions for Returning your Hawaiian Telcom Wireless Gateway
We recommend our customers use our specially configured gateway to provide optimum service. If you choose to use your own gateway and encounter issues, it may take longer to have your service restored and you may incur additional repair costs.
If you have additional service(s) such as Whole Home WiFi, Premier, Premier Plus or WiFi Plus, you must call 643-3456 to confirm your intent to remove these services. No service will be removed from your account without your consent, and gateway fees will continue to be charged.
If you still choose to provide your own gateway, please proceed to complete the form with the instructions below:
Visit hawaiiantel.com/myaccount and login to your customer account. If you don’t have a login, please register as a new user using your Hawaiian Telcom account number.
Once logged in, under Services, click on “High-Speed Internet” and click “Submit Form” under “Providing your own gateway.
On the following screen, confirm your prefilled information is correct and provide your email address if the field is blank:
Select the device you are returning by clicking on the brand of your gateway and exact model number, found on the bottom or backside of the router:
If you do not see your device listed, please call 808-643-3456. Otherwise, an email with instructions and a mailing label will be emailed to you within 72-hours.