How To Use Email Folders
Webmail comes with a set of default folders: Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Spam and Trash. These folders are system-level folders which means they are required for basic operation of email and can't be deleted.
- Inbox: new email is delivered to this folder.
- Drafts: messages that you begin writing and then save before sending are stored in this folder.
- Sent Items: mail that has been sent from webmail is stored in this folder when you have selected "Save" in General Settings under "Save sent messages".
- Spam: email that is suspected as being spam is quarantined in this folder. Spam email that is more than seven (7) days old is automatically deleted.
- Trash: deleted email is stored in this folder. Email in the trash folder that is more than seven (7) days old is automatically deleted.
To add a folder or subfolder:
- Click the folder icon in folders list area.
- Enter a name for your new folder in the pop-up dialog window.
- If you want the folder to within an existing folder, check the "Add folder as a subfolder of" box and select a folder.
- Click "Save".
To add email to a folder or subfolder:
- Select the email message you want to move to a folder.
- Using the "Move to Folder" dropdown select the destination folder.
- Alternatively, you can drag email messages from the email list and drop them on a folder in the sidebar area.
To rename a folder:
- Hover your mouse pointer over the folder you want to rename in the folders list (remember, system folders cannot be changed).
- Click the pencil icon.
- Enter a new name for the folder.
- Click "Save".
To delete a folder:
- Hover your mouse pointer over the folder you want to delete in the folders list (remember, system folders cannot be deleted).
- Click the "X" icon.
- A confirmation window will ask you if you are sure. Click "OK" to delete the folder. Remember: when a folder is deleted, any email in that folder is also deleted and there is no undo.