Mac OSX Mail 10.3 Email Account Configuration & Verification
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure and verify a Hawaiian Telcom e-mail account in Mac OSX Mail 10.3.
Mac Mail 10.3 Account Verify
1. Begin by opening OSX Mail
2. Go to Mail on the main pull-down menu and select Preferences...
3. Under Accounts on the left side select your account
4. Make sure in the Description field your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address appears correctly
5. Verify the information in the Email Address and Full Name fields are correct
6. Be sure the field labeled Incoming Mail Server reads mail.hawaiiantel.net
7. Also check the User Name field and be sure it contains your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address
8. Verify your password (the same as your Hawaiian Telcom logon password) in the Password field
9. Now click Server Settings...
10. Make sure the Outgoing Mail Server field reads smtp.hawaiiantel.net
11. Set the toggle menu option labeled Authentication is set as Password
12. Type your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address in the User Name field
13. Enter your Hawaiian Telcom Logon Password in the Password field
14. Now click OK
15. Select the Advanced tab
16. Set the option Remove copy from server after retrieving a message to Right Away
17. To finalize close the Mail Preferences window