Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Netscape 6/7 for Mac/OSX
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as email@example.com or web mail addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Netscape 6/7 for Mac/OSX.
Netscape 6/7 Configure
1. Begin by opening up Netscape
2. Click Edit in the main pull-down menu then select Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...
3. Then click Outgoing Server (SMTP)
4.Be sure to:
- Change the Server Name from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net
- Add @hawaiiantel.net to your User Name
- Check the box labeled Use name and password
5. Click OK to accept all changes and finalize the configuration