Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Eudora 5/6 for Mac/OSX
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as firstname.lastname@example.org or web mail addresses such as email@example.com) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Eudora 5/6 for Mac/OSX.
Eudora 5/6 OSX Configure
1. Begin by opening Eudora
2. Click Special in the main pull-down menu then select Settings...
3. You only need to change the SMTP Server from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net then click on the Sending Mail category in the navigation pane
4. Click the SSL category near the bottom in the navigation pane
5. Change Your SSL for SMTP to the Required (TLS) option and then go back to the Sending Email category and choose Required on the SMTP Relay Personality
6. Be sure the Allow Authorization box is checked in the Sending Mail category
7. Click OK to accept all changes and finalize the configuration