Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Thunderbird for Mac/OSX
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as firstname.lastname@example.org or web mail addresses such as email@example.com) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Thunderbird for Mac/OSX.
Thunderbird OSX Configure
1. Begin with opening up Thunderbird
2. Click Tools in the main pull-down menu then select Account Settings...
3. Click on the e-mail account listed in the navigation pane on the left then click Outgoing Server (SMTP)
4. Be sure to:
- Change the Server Name from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net
- Add @hawaiiantel.net to your User Name
- Check the box labeled Use Name and Password
5. Click OK to finalize the configuration