Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Netscape 6/7
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as firstname.lastname@example.org or web mail addresses such as email@example.com) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Netscape 6/7.
1. Begin with opening up Netscape
2. Click Edit from the main pull-down menu then select Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...
3. Next click on Outgoin Server (SMTP)
4. Be sure to:
- Change the Server Name from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net
- Add @hawaiiantel.net to your user name in the User Name field
- Click the option labeled Use Name and Password
5. Click OK to finalize the configuration