Effective April 30, 2022, your current version of Hosted Unified Communications (Hosted UC) will no longer be supported. As a replacement for Hosted UC, we are offering Hosted UC with WebEx. To ensure you have the best user experience and call quality, we are highly recommending that customers migrate their current service to Hosted UC with WebEx. Features of the new service include:
- Crystal clear calling. With native in-app voice and video calling, you can make and receive calls with the classic calling features you rely on daily.
- Messaging the way it’s meant to be. Quickly contact teammates, internal or external, using chat for direct messages or in a group space. Enjoy the latest messaging features such as @mentions, emojis and gifs, and threaded message support!
- Hassle-free video conferencing. Host or join secure HD meetings on any device, anywhere, and keep your data and privacy protected. Share your desktop, application, or file during your meeting or pop up a virtual whiteboard and have a brainstorming session.
- Team collaboration tools keep you moving forward. Create a virtual workspace where you can get work done with others one-to-one or as teams. Chat, meet, share files and link your productivity apps all within your virtual space to keep your work and conversations organized.
Learn more about the features of Hosted Unified Communication with WebEx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vwKmxC9IzY
Please contact your account manager to start your company’s migration process.
Hosted UC with WebEx Migration Process
All Hosted UC users within the same group, company, or location must all be migrated at the same time. Please notify your account manager to start your migration.
What to expect during the migration:
- Please assign your Hosted UC Phone Numbers and provide Hawaiian Telcom with the following information:
- Hosted UC Telephone Number
- Email Address
- First name
- Last name
- If currently using WebEx today, HT will need to know which email addresses currently have WebEx assigned
- Users to download the new Hosted UC with WebEx to their respective devices (i.e., desktop, mobile, or tablet devices
The example below shows a pop-up screen that will enable the download on desktop:
- Once notified by your Hawaiian Telcom Service Coordinator that your migration is complete, users will login with the following credentials
- User Name: Email address assigned to their telephone number
- Password: Same password used previously for Hosted UC app
- Click here to learn more about the features of Hosted Unified Communications with WebEx
Hawaiian Telcom will support Hosted UC with Webex. For any support issues, please contact your service coordinator or call 808-643-6111.
Once migrated, the old Hosted UC applications will no longer be available to use.
Download PDF guide
Why should I migrate to Hosted Unified Communications with WebEx?
The current Hosted UC version will no longer be supported as of 4/30/22. So if you have issues with the service, you will not be able to receive support or updates for the old version. The new version, Hosted UC with Webex is a new and improved Hosted UC system that includes many enhancements and features that you didn’t have before. To get started, on the migration, contact your Hawaiian Telcom account manager.
Is this a Cisco product that we’re using?
This is a Hawaiian Telcom product brought to you in partnership with Cisco, the global leading provider in video conferencing solutions. Together we bring you a fully integrated collaboration experience, seamlessly delivering our calling that you rely on with Webex advanced messaging and meetings capabilities, all within in a single app.
Will Hawaiian Telcom offer support for Hosted UC with WebEx?
Yes, absolutely! Please continue to contact Hawaiian Telcom for any questions related to Hosted UC with Webex. Additionally, there is an online help center you can bookmark for any feature related questions.
Do I have to upgrade? When does this need to be completed?
Yes, the upgrade is required by 04/30/2022. After that date, you will no longer be able to support your Hosted Unified Communication app as we will be limiting support to the old service.
I downloaded the new Hosted UC with Webex. What’s next?
Great! Start searching for colleagues to send them a chat or give them a ring. Keep in mind that in order to communicate with your colleagues, they must also be using the new Hosted UC with Webex app.
Do I need to access my current Hosted Unified Communication app or can I delete it?
Once you’ve retrieved all your contacts and added them to your new app and saved any old messages, you’ll have no need to continue to login to the old service.
I can’t remember my username & password.
Your username is the email address associated with your phone number. If you need to reset your password, you may do so at portal.bvoip.hawaiiantel.com.
I downloaded the new app but now I don’t see any of my contacts?
Awesome! You’re almost there. When you downloaded the new app, old contacts did not migrate over. With Hosted UC with Webex, all you need to do is search for a co-worker and then start a chat. Once chat is initiated, your chat message will appear in the activity feed (second column).
I downloaded the app but don’t see my message history.
When you downloaded the new app, your old message history did not migrate over. Please log in to Hosted Unified Communications by 04/30/2022 to retrieve and save any old messages you need to save.
I downloaded the new app, logged in, but I am not able to see or find my co-workers.
It may be that your colleagues have not yet downloaded and logged into the new app yet. Next step is to get everyone in your company to take the same steps you did so everyone can start experiencing the power of Webex!
I downloaded both the desktop & mobile apps. Will my chats be synchronized?
Yes! All activity from your messages and call history will be synched. You can seamlessly move between desktop and mobile and always have the most recent activity captured.
I can’t complete my registration. It says my email is in use.
Webex requires a unique email address to complete your registration. If you have an existing account, you’ll either need to delete that free account or provide us with a new email address. You can follow these instructions to complete your registration or call your account manager to submit a new order for your service.
Do I need to sign a new contract or any forms to change my service?
A new contract to migrate to the new Hosted UC w/ Webex will not be required. However, you will need to sign and acknowledge the Ray Baum’s Addendum and the VOIP Acknowledgement form as a part of the migration to Hosted UC w/ Webex. You can review these forms here.
How will this change affect my e911 service?
All new users will have a new e911 portal that is included with the service. Your Service Coordinator will provide those instructions on how to enable this application on your Desktop device.
I Used to have a telephone number assigned for conference calls or to create a meeting with up to 25 users. Does this new platform have that feature?
You will now have a unique URL that you can start conference calls or meeting with for up to 25 participants.