Problem - Possible Solution
My Set Top Box won't turn on
- Press the front panel power button on your Set Top Box.
- Make sure that all your power cords are completely inserted into a power outlet.
- Ensure that your TV set is plugged into a working power outlet.
- If the Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box is plugged into a power bar or surge protector, make sure that the power bar is on and has not tripped. If it has tripped, press the reset button on the power bar to restore power.
- If the Set Top Box is connected to a switched electrical outlet, make sure that the switch is on.
- If the green LED light at the front of the Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box lights up, your box is not on the working.
The Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box does not initialize
- Check to ensure that your Wireless Gateway is operating and that all cords are properly connected.
- Turn the power on the Set Top Box off and on.
No picture or poor picture quality
- Check to ensure that your TV is set to the right video input.
- Ensure that the TV channel is set to the appropriate channel to match the settings on your Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box and VCR/DVD (Video 1, 2, etc.).
- Check the back of your Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box and any additional devices to ensure that all of the cables are firmly connected.
- Make sure that all the connections are made according to the appropriate configuration for your particular requirements.
Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box does not respond to my remote control unit
- Press the Hawaiian Telcom STB button at the top of the remote.
- The button should light up when you press it. If not, check the remote control batteries.
- Change channels using the buttons on your Set Top Box. If this works, check then you most likely need to change the batteries in your remote control.
- If your remote control works with your Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box, but not with your TV or VCR/DVD, try re-programming the remote control using the codes in the remote control user guide.
- Ensure that there is a clear path between the remote control and the equipment. If necessary, clean the infra-red receivers on the equipment.
No audio or poor audio quality
- Check to ensure that the audio output cables from the Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box to the TV are firmly connected.
The power light on the Hawaiian Telcom TV is on, but I have a snowy screen on my TV.
- If your Hawaiian Telcom remote control is programmed to control your TV, press the TV button, and press the TV/Video button to cycle through your video inputs.
- Refer to your TV's remote control setup guide to change inputs on your TV.
- If you are able to switch between video inputs by using your remote(s), refer to your TV's user guide for further instructions.
- Check to ensure that your cables are firmly attached.
Some programs have black bars on the side of the screen
- The black bars appear when you watch standard definition programming on your HDTV. You can minimize or remove the black bars on the side of your screen by pressing OPTIONS on your remote control and navigate to select the optimum setting for your TV.
The Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box seems to be stuck or frozen on a screen
- Press the Menu button on your remote control.
- If the Menu page is not displayed, initiate the reset procedure as described below.
If you're still unable to solve the problem, reset the Set Top Box by unplugging it from the power outlet for at least 10 seconds and plugging it back in. This resets the device and usually resolves most problems related to the box. If the problem persists, please call 643-4888.