The Questions and Answers below provide information on diagnosing and solving connection and setup issues. This includes troubleshooting tips for solving Internet problems like the inability to access the Internet or connect to your email.
Q. Why can’t I get to the internet?
A. Try any one of these simple steps first
1) Unplug your modem. Wait 10 seconds. Plug the modem back in.
2) Check all the connections outlined in the Hardware Setup Diagram.
3) Make sure your computer meets our system requirements?
Q. How come I hear noise on my phone line now that I have my high-speed internet connected?
A. Be sure that you have setup filter on all the other phone and fax connections in the house. See the Hardware Setup Diagram.
Q. I have a connection, but I can not get my email now.
A. Depending on how you get your email follow the links below
1) Be sure that you have properly registered your Hawaiian Telcom email address
2) Try logging into webmail to be sure your email is being received
3) If you are using an email client such as Outlook or Mac Mail, consult our setup tutorials.
Q. How come my connection seems slow?
A. Many factors could be contributing to this problem, but one of the worst may be that your computer has viruses, spyware, or adware registered. Download your free copy of McAfee Internet Security Suite and run a system check to clear these malicious programs.
Q. I seem to have all of my hardware setup correctly, but I still can’t connect. What else can I do?
A. Check these setting quickly
1) If you have ordered an upgraded speed make sure that your modem model number begins with E90xxxx
2) If you have replaced any cabling provided with your own cabling try switching to the cabling provided in the kit.
Q. What is the default email setting for my hawaiiantel.net account?
A. Incoming mail server (POP3) is mail.hawaiiantel.net and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is smtp.hawaiiantel.net. Need more help? See our email setup tutorials.
Q. What do I need to get connected to the free HT Spots (WiFi) across the state
A. You will first need to be sure that your laptop is WiFi enabled (consult manufacturer). Then be sure that you have registered a valid email account with Hawaiian Telcom. This will either be email@example.com or if you have registered your business account with us you may have your own domain name. All active accounts will have access to our free WiFi spots.
Q. What factors affect my high-speed internet service connection speed?
A. Due to the factors listed below, not all lines can support the full available speed. The actual throughput and connection speed of your service depend on a number of factors such as:
* Internet traffic and congestion or bandwidth.
* The distance of your home from a central office.
* Viruses or Spyware.
* The server speed of the Web sites you connect to.
* Traffic and congestion on your home network or corporate LAN.
Q. How can I get my email if I am away from my computer?
A. Go to mail.hawaiiantel.net and put in your username and password. You will then be connected to our online email client. This will work to send and receive emails if you are away from your primary machine.
Q. What is my Static IP address?
A. A static IP address is a unique numeric address that identifies your computer on the Internet. Hawaiian Telcom, as your Internet Service Provider (ISP), can assign a static IP address to be a permanent address for your computer. Contact customer service directly if you have lost your static IP information.