Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Mac/OSX Mail 10.3
Article Date: 9/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as email@example.com or web mail addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Mac/OSX Mail 10.3.
Mac/OSX Mail 10.3 Configure
1. Begin with opening OSX Mail 10.3
2. Click Mail in the main pull-down menu then select Preferences...
3. You will only need to change your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) information from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net
4. Next click Server Settings...
5. You will only need to add @hawaiiantel.net to the end of your pre-existing user name in the field entitled User Name. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
6. Click OK to accept all changes and finalize the configuration