Hawaiian Telcom is a partner in the Southeast Asia-U.S. (SEA-US) Trans-Pacific Fiber Submarine Cable System, which will connect Indonesia, the Philippines, Guam, Hawai‘i and California by the end of 2016.
This cable system will provide an initial 20 terabit per second (Tbps) capacity, with state-of-the-art 100 Gigabit per second (Gbps) technology. As demand for capacity continues to grow and existing networks age, the SEA-US cable system is positioned to play a huge role in the future of bandwidth.
Extending more than 9,300 miles, the SEA-US cable system will follow a route that has been designed to bypass congested and earthquake-prone regions and ensure stable connectivity.
- The fastest cable system connecting Southeast Asia and the U.S.
- Connectivity with other existing and planned cable systems
- Backed by expansive and redundant terrestrial networks connecting cable stations in Guam and Hawai‘i
- Terminates in the “Telecom District” of downtown L.A.
- A route that bypasses earthquake prone areas of East Asia (including Luzon Straight)
We’re proud to be a partner in this exciting project, which offers a very real solution to the exponential growth in demand for bandwidth.
As a partner in the SEA-US cable system, we are offering bandwidth directly to carriers and enterprise customers. We’re also building a new cable landing station in Makaha, O‘ahu, from which we’ll offer colocation and ground network services.
Bandwidth - We offer faster, more technologically advanced bandwidth from Hawai‘i to L.A. and Guam.
10G & 100G Transpacific IRU with options to upgrade (15 year leases)
Available Transpacific Routes:
- Hawaii – LA
- Hawaii – Guam
- Guam - LA
Backhaul Network Services - Our services include connections to other cable landing stations in the State of Hawaii
Colocation - We provide services at the Hawaiian Telcom Cable Landing Station and at other Hawaiian Telcom Data Centers
Service date: March 2017
Why Hawaiian Telcom?
- Hawaiian Telcom is backed by over 130 years of operational experience and 50 years of investment in submarine cable systems.
- Fiber backhaul connectivity to other cable landing stations and Hawaii data centers
- Extensive fiber network infrastructure for traffic terminating or originating from Hawaii and/or transiting through Hawaii on other Transpacific systems
- 24/7/365 Network Operations Center (eNOC)
- State-of-the-art Endeavor data center with colocation services
Talk to your Hawaiian Telcom sales representative about services on the SEA-US Network today - Call 1-877-482-3322 or send us an email today.