Video On Demand & Pay Per View
Video on Demand (VOD)
Want to watch it now? With Hawaiian Telcom's VOD, you can order and watch movies whenever you want. There are hundreds of titles to choose from, including the latest Hollywood blockbusters, timeless classics and more. Plus VOD lets you pause, stop, play, rewind and fast-forward your movie so you never miss a beat. You'll also love the crystal-clear true wide-screen picture and rich 5.1 Dolby® Digital sound. With so many options, you may never leave your couch again.
Renting a VOD Program
- Press On Demand button
- Use the Arrow Buttons to navigate through the Video On Demand categories and titles.
- Press the OK button on the View More title to see more titles within a sub-category
- Use the Arrow Buttons to select a title and press the OK button to see more information including a quick synopsis, Director, Actors, and rental information.
- Use the Arrow Buttons to select Rent and press the OK button
- Select Rent for $$ and press the OK button to confirm your rental. Your video will begin right away.
You will see the charge for your purchase on your next Hawaiian Telcom bill.
Be sure to set your Parental Controls to block the Adult Content to block all titles and poster art from appearing in the Video On Demand Storefront. When Parental Controls are set, you will see the following:
When the Parental Controls are set by movie rating, the poster art and titles of all videos that fit in the blocked range will be blocked while navigating through the Video On Demand Storefront.
You can change the look and feel of your Video On Demand Storefront to List Format.
- While the Video On Demand Storefront is launched, used the Arrow Buttons to scroll to Display Style and press the OK button
- Using the Arrow Buttons scroll to List View and press the OK button
- Your Video On Demand storefront will now display in List format. Use the Arrow Buttons to navigate through sub-categories and titles.
Watching a Rented VOD Program
Watch your rentals as many times as you want within the rental period (24 hours for most rentals).
- Press On Demand button
- Use the Arrow Buttons to navigate to the My Videos section of the Video On Demand Storefront
- Press the OK button
- Use the Arrow Buttons to select a video currentlly in your rentals.
- Press the OK to resume or start your current rental from the beginning.
Ordering Pay-Per-View Events
To avoid unauthorized purchases of PPV events, you can create a rental-locking PIN. Please refer to page 10 for instructions. To block all PPV orders on your account, call 643-4888.
Purchasing a PPV Event
You can order an event using your remote control as soon as the title is available within the menu, a few days before the event. Check out upcoming events.
When you order a PPV event, the charges will appear on your next month’s bill.
How to Order
PPV must be ordered using your remote and Set Top Box. Orders can’t be placed over the phone.
- Press GUIDE on your remote.
- Go to Ch.966 to order in HD.*
- Use the arrows buttons on your remote to navigate to and highlight the PPV event that you want to purchase. You can jump to a different day by using the DAY – and DAY + buttons on your remote.
- Once the event is highlighted, press OK to display the Program Info.
- Using arrow buttons, navigate to Rent for $ and press OK. A rental confirmation message will appear on your screen.
*Smaller ticket events and concerts may only be available in SD on Ch.800.
PPV prices vary. The price of the event will be displayed in Program Info in the on-screen GUIDE. If you order the same event in SD and HD, you will be charged for both.
- Your account must be in good standing. Additional restrictions may apply.
- If you've established a purchase PIN on your account, you'll be asked to enter your PIN when ordering with your remote. If you haven’t set up a purchase PIN, you can still order PPV.
- A subscription to the sponsoring network is not required to order a network-sponsored PPV event (e.g. a subscription to HBO is not required to purchase a HBO Boxing PPV event).
- A subscription to HD Service is not required to order events in HD.
Recording a PPV Event
Provided you have a DVR, you can record a PPV event after it has been purchased.