Your Wireless Gateway
Wireless Gateway Benefits
The Wireless Gateway enables our Hawaiian Telcom TV and High-Speed Internet customers to connect devices wirelessly or through one of the four Ethernet ports.
With the Wireless Gateway, you can:
- Have wireless networking capability for multiple devices in their home
- Enjoy network security
- Have wired network capability with four Ethernet ports
- Connect to the Hawaiian Telcom broadband network which is continuously expanding and being updated.
The Wireless Gateway has a very powerful connection so you’ll be able to use in more places in your home. For example, it works better with video streaming services like Netflix and it’s antennae are inside for better protection. It also has extra protection from power surges when electricity goes out and it informs you if you’re not connected to all phones within your home.
Wireless Gateway Settings
The Wireless Gateway settings are set to default when installed. The default network name (labeled “SSID”) and password (labeled “Wireless Network Key”) are located to the right of the barcode on the side of your Wireless Gateway.
Wireless Gateway Status Lights
- Solid Green. The gateway is on
- Red. The gateway may have a fault with its power supply
- Solid Green. A computer or other device is connected to an Ethernet port.
- Flickering green. There is activity from devices connected to an Ethernet port. The flickering of the light is synchronized to data traffic.
- Solid Green. A wireless computer or other device is connected to the gateway.
- Flickering green. There is inbound or outbound activity. The flickering of the light is synchronized to data traffic.
- Solid Green. A Set Top Box or other device is connected to the gateway.
- Flickering green. There is activity from devices connected to the coaxial port. The flickering of the light is synchronized to data traffic.
- Solid green. The gateway is connected to the Hawaiian Telcom network and has obtained a WAN IP address.
- Fast flashing green. The gateway is trying to obtain an IP address.
- Red. The Hawaiian Telcom network is not responding, the gateway has been configured incorrectly, or there was an authentication failure.
- Solid Green. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is configuring the gateway.