Before Calling Technical Support for Hawaiian Telcom TV Issues
- Press the STB button located at the top right-hand side of your remote, to ensure that the operating mode is set to Hawaiian Telecom’s TV Services.
- Check that you are within 20 feet of your Set Top Box and have a clear line of sight with no obstructions, such as a glass door, in order for your remote control to work.
- Check or replace the batteries in the remote control.
- On some TVs, the brightness settings can interfere with the signal from your remote to your Set Top Box. Try adjusting the brightness on your TV set.
- Check that there is power to your Set Top Box. You will see a green light around the power button on the front panel.
- Check that your TV’s Input/Source is set to the type of cable that is connecting the Set Top Box to your TV set, i.e. Component or HDMI.
- Check that your cables are firmly attached to the TV and Set Top Box.
- Remove any items that may have been placed on top of any Hawaiian Telcom TV equipment. All equipment needs at least two inches of free space for proper ventilation. Do not place any TV equipment on a rug or bed as it may overheat.
- Turn your Set Top Box off and on by pressing POWER button on your Set Top Box to reset the system.
- Unplug the Set Top Box from the power outlet for at least 10 seconds and then plug it back in. This reset method usually resolves most problems related to the box.
For additional Troubleshooting see pages 48 and 49. You may also call Technical Support at 643-6111.
Service and Maintenance
Your Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box doesn’t contain any user-serviceable parts, and removing the cover may expose you to dangerous voltage and other electrical hazards. You will also want to avoid connecting any equipment to the USB ports on the back of your Hawaiian Telcom TV Set Top Box. They’re for future use only and you could potentially damage both the equipment and the Set Top Box.
Wipe equipment with a clean cloth when necessary. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners.