How To Use Roku Single Sign-On
With Roku’s Single Sign-On feature, once you verify your Hawaiian Telcom TV subscription for a supported TV Everywhere (TVE) channel by signing in using your Hawaiian Telcom My Account username and password, you are automatically verified for other supported channels. That means you don’t need to sign in for each time you add a TVE channel to your device.
You’ll need a Roku device with 7.7 or newer firmware. To check your firmware version, go to your Roku Menu and select Settings > System > System Update.
Supported Channels as of 2/21/18
| Bravo Now
|| Nat Geo and NatGeo Wild
| Comedy Central
|| NBC Sports
| Cooking Channel
|| Nick Jr.
| DIY Network
|| Paramount Network
| E! Now
|| SyFy Now
| Food Network
|| Travel Channel
| FXNOW (FX, FXX, FXM)
|| USA Network
|| Watch ESPN
How to Sign In
- Select a TVE channel you’d like to watch.
- Activate the channel on your device by following onscreen instructions. To view activation instructions, you may need to press * on your Roku remote to pull up an Options menu within the channel. A unique activation code will be displayed.
- From a web browser, go to the network site and enter the activation code provided by your Roku device.
- Once the channel is activated, you’ll be asked in your browser to choose your TV Provider. Choose Hawaiian Telcom.
- Sign in using your My Account username and password.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I’m signed in to a channel?
When you open another supported channel, you’ll already be signed in.? When you go to the channel’s options menu, you’ll see an option to Sign Out. You may also see the Hawaiian Telcom logo.
Is there a new User Interface on the Roku player for this feature?
No, the Roku screen has not changed. Sign in.
What happens if you sign out of an app?
When you sign out of a supported TVE channel, your authentication for all supported TVE channels will expire. The next time you sign in, your authentication will be restored for all supported channels.
Where can I get more information about this feature?
You can go to https://support.roku.com/ to get support on activating TVE channels. More information regarding Roku’s brand new Single Sign-On feature will be available on their site later this fall.