Thunderbird Email Account Configuration & Verification
Article Quick Summary
Here are some steps showing how to configure or verify a new Hawaiian Telcom e-mail account in Thunderbird.
1. Begin by opening Thunderbird
2. Click on Tools from the pull down menu on the main screen then select Account Settings...
3. Click on the e-mail account listed
4. Verify the Your Name field is correctly filled with your full name and that the Email Address field contains your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address
5. Click Server Settings in the left-hand navigation pane
6. Make sure that the filed labeled Server Name contains mail.hawaiiantel.net
7. Be sure that the field labeled User Name contains your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address
8. Next click on Ooutgoing Server (SMTP)
9. Verify the Server Name field as smtp.hawaiiantel.net
10. Verify your User Name is still your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address
11. Be sure to check the Use name and password box
12. Lastly click OK