Netscape 6/7 Email Account Configuration & Verification
Article Quick Summary
Here are some steps to configure and verify a new Hawaiian Telcom e-mail address in Netscape 6.0 or 7.0.
Netscape 6.0/7.0 Configure/Verify
1. Begin by opening up Netscape
2. Select Edit from the main pull down menu and click on Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...
3. Click the name of the account in the left hand navigation pane once to select it
4. Verify your full name appears in the Your Name field and your correct Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address is typed in the Email Address field
5. Now select Server Settings at the bottom of the left hand navigation pane
6. Verify that the field labeled Server Name contains mail.hawaiiantel.net
7. Make sure that the User Name field contains your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address
8. Next click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the left hand navigation pane
9. Now check that the field labeled Server Name contains smtp.hawaiiantel.net
10. Re-check that your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address appears correctly in the User Name field
11. Be sure that the option Use name and password is checked
12. Lastly click OK at the bottom to finalize the configuration and exit the setup