Netscape 6/7 Email Account Setup
Article Quick Summary
Steps showing how to setup a Hawaiian Telcom e-mail account with Netscape 6.0 or 7.0.
Netscape 6/7 Setup
1. First open Netscape.
2. Select Edit from the main menu then click Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...
4. Click Add Account... while Local folders is selected then click OK
5. Select the Email Account option then hit Next >
6. Enter your full name in the field labeled Your Name
7. In the field labeled Email Address type your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address, then click Next >
8. Select POP as the incoming server type
9. For the field labeled Incoming Server type mail.hawaiiantel.net
10. For the field labeled Outgoing Server put smtp.hawaiiantel.net
11. Make sure all information is correct then click Next >
12. In the box for your User Name put you Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address then click Next >
13. In the box for the Account Name type you Hawaiian Telcom E-mail Address then click Next > to continue
14. Click Finish
15. Click Outgoing Server (SMTP)
16. Verify that the box labeled Use name and password is checked
17. For your User Name put your Hawaiian Telcom E-mail address
18. Check the Never option under the Use secure connection (SSL) message
19. Lastly click Finish to finalize and exit the setup