Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Thunderbird
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as firstname.lastname@example.org or web mail addresses such as email@example.com) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Thunderbird.
1. Begin by opening Thunderbird
2. Click on Tools in the main pull-down menu then select Account Settings...
3. Click Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the navigation pane on the left
4. You will only need to change the information in the Server Name field from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net
5. Be sure to:
- Add @hawaiiantel.net to your user name in the User Name field
- Check the box labeled Use Name and Password
6. Lastly click OK to finish the configuration