Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Outlook 2002/2003
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as firstname.lastname@example.org or web mail addresses such as email@example.com) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Outlook 2002/2003.
1. Begin by opening Outlook 2002/2003
2. Click on Tools from the main menu then select E-mail Accounts...
3. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts then click Next >
4. Select the Hawaiian Telcom account in the Name window and click Change...
5. Be sure to:
- Change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net
- Check Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)
- Click More Settings...
6. Click on Outgoin Server tab
7. Check the box labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
8. Select the option beneath labeled Log on using
9. Add @hawaiiantel.net to your pre-existing user name in the User Name field
10. Click Remember Password and Log on using Secure Password Authentication
11. Click OK, then Next >, then Finish to finalize the configuration