Pace 4111N - Changing Wireless Channel
Last Updated 2/12/2015 1:57:01 AM
| || |
Changing Your Wireless Network Channel for Pace 4111N
Article Date: 04.18.12
Article Quick Summary
Learn how to change the wireless network channel of your Pace 4111N Wireless Gateway.
Step 1: Connect to your Wireless Gateway
- Connect your computer to your Wireless Gateway.
- While configuring your Wireless Gateway, it's recommended to use a computer that's connected directly to the Wireless Gateway using the Yellow Ethernet cable and Green Data cable that are included with your Wireless Gateway.
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari and type http://gateway.pace.com into the address bar and press Enter/Return
- You will be directed to the following homepage for your Wireless Gateway:
Step 2: Navigate to your wireless network security page
- From your Wireless Gateway Homepage, click on Wireless
- This will redirect you to the security and setting page for your wireless network.
- ** Please note: Your Wireless Gateway must be hardwired to a computer in order to change your settings. Doing so on a wireless connection will disconnect your device and may cause problems while reconnecting.
Step 3: Customizing your wireless network channel name
- While on your Wireless Gateway Security page, you will see your default Network Name (SSID). This should match the SSID that's printed on your Wireless Gateway.
- To change your Network Name (SSID), type what you would like your network to be called in the box.
- To save your new wireless Network Name, scroll to the bottom of the Security page and click on the Save button.
Step 4: Customizing your wireless network password
- To change your wireless password from the default password to a unique one, scroll down the Security page, select the Set Custom Encryption Key option, and type your new password in the box.
- To save your new wireless password, scroll to the bottom of the Security page and click on the Save button.
- **Please note: Once you change your password, you will not be able to recover it without resetting your wireless network. All devices connected to your wireless network will also need to provide the new password to reconnect to your wireless network.