McAfee Support FAQ Article Date: 09/15/2011
Article Quick Summary
Here is some information on Hawaiian Telcom's McAfee Internet Security service including download steps, requirements, security information and more.
McAfee Support FAQ
- IMPORTANT: What do I need to know before I download McAfee security software?
- What are the system requirements for McAfee Internet Security?
- How do I download free McAfee software?
- How can I get extra download help?
- How do I remove viruses from my computer?
- How can I get free protection while surfing the web?
- How can I get protection for my Mac computer?
- How can I get protection for my additional PC computers?
If you already have any other Internet Security Software deployed on your operating system you must uninstall prior to installing the McAfee Security Suite.
The free version of McAfee software provided by Hawaiian Telcom is for PC only and is not compatible with Mac. A Mac version is available for purchase.
Your computer must meet the current System Requirements of McAfee.
Only one McAfee download is available per customer.
- 1 GHz processor or higher
- 800 × 600 or higher resolution
- 256 MB RAM or higher for Windows XP (512 MB recommended)
- 512 MB RAM for Vista/Windows 7 (2GB recommended)
- 200 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) View FAQ
- Note: McAfee now available for Mac, click here to read about the Mac system requirements.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Optional: Mozilla Firefox 2 or later
Supported Email Programs
- POP3 – Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird
- MAPI – Outlook
- Windows Live Mail
- Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
Log-in with your Hawaiiantel.net email and password, if you are the main user (parent account) for your account, you will automatically be sent to the McAfee site in order to download your software.
Once you have reached McAfee's download center you must download and install each program separately to complete the suite.
Get help for your McAfee product. McAfee Virtual Technician can diagnose and fix many problems related to your McAfee product. For problems it can't fix, it collects information to make Search and Chat more effective.
Browse or search McAfee's Knowledgebase to find a solution to your issue. Find answers to specific problems that you are having. Also, get help with uninstalling third-party security software.
If your computer’s infected and you don’t want to hassle with it, have an expert help you! With McAfee's Virus Removal Service, one of McAfee's security experts can connect remotely to your PC, and work with you personally to destroy malware and get you back online quickly. Click here to learn more about McAfee Virus Removal Service.
Install McAfee Site Advisor to automatically test websites for spyware, spam and scams so you can search, surf and shop more safely. McAfee Site Advisor ensures that you have active protection against risky websites and identity theft stealing software.
Get optimal protection for your Mac with McAfee Internet Security Suite. Purchase this product at an exclusive Hawaiian Telcom discount. Make sure your Mac has the most effective protection against viruses and online threats. You will be responsible for renewals of your software subscriptions.
Get Optimal protection for all of your PC computers with McAfee Internet Security Suite. Purchase this product at an exclusive Hawaiian Telcom discount. Make sure all of your PC computers have the most effective protection against viruses and online threats. You will be responsible for renewals of your software subscriptions.