Outlook 2002/2003 Email Account Configuration & Verification
Article Quick Summary
Here are a few simple steps to follow when trying to configure or verify a recently created email account or an older account. This how-to tutorial will also explain how to set up your account with the Hawaiiantel servers.
Outlook 2002/2003 Verifification and Configuration
1. Begin by opening Outlook
2. Now select Tools > Email Accounts from the main menu
3. Then choose View or change existing email accounts
4. Click Next
5. Select the Hawaiian Telcom account in the Name window and click Cahnge...
6. Enter your full name in the Your Name field.
7. Enter your email address in the E-mail Address field.
8. Enter the Incoming Mail Server (POP3): mail.hawaiiantel.net
9. Enter the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.hawaiiantel.net
10. Enter your User Name: For this use your Hawaiian Telcom Email Address.
11. Enter your password in the Password field.
12. Now click More Settings...
13. In the General Tab, Change the default settings to: Your Hawaiian Telcom Email Address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as shown below,
14. Then click on Outgoing Server tab
15. You will want to make sure the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box is checked.
16. Afterwards select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
17. Click OK.
18. Click Next.
19. Finally click Finish.