Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Outlook Express 5/6
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as email@example.com or web mail addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Outlook Express 5/6.
Outlook Express 5/6
1. Begin by opening up Outlook Express
2. Click Tools in the main pull-down menu then select Accounts...
3. Click your account once to select it then click Properties on the right side
4. Click the Servers tab
5. Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server name from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net
6. Check the My server requires authentication box
7. Next click the Settings.. button
8. You will only need to add @hawaiiantel.net to the end of your pre-existing username. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
9. Click OK
10. Click Close in the Accounts window to finalize the configuration