Fixing Your Open Relay Account in Mac/OSX Mail 10.1
Article Date: 09/15/2009
Article Quick Summary
These steps will show you how to configure the settings on your e-mail address other than your @hawaiiantel.net address (formerly @verizon.net). This could be hosted domains such as firstname.lastname@example.org or web mail addresses such as email@example.com) you may be using a Verizon Open Relay SMTP address to send email. Read the steps below for detailed instructions on how to fix this issue in Mac/OSX Mail 10.1.
OSX Mail 10.1 Verify
1. Begin with opening up OSX Mail 10.1
2. Click Mail on the main pull-down menu then select Preferences...
3. Click your Hawaiian Telcom e-mail address only once to select it then click Edit on the right side
4. You will only need to change your SMTP Host information from outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.hawaiiantel.net and add @hawaiiantel.net to your pre-existing email address located in the SMTP User field. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
5. Be sure that the box labeled Use authentication when sending mail is checked
6. Lastly to finalize the configuration click OK